Thursday, March 9, 2017

In Which I Managed to Be Succinct

Happy International Women's Day!
(I know, I know, it's technically not International Women's Day anymore, but it was also A Day without A Woman; I took the day off and pranced around my house in red pajamas while watching feminist movies and documentaries.Sorry not sorry).

As always, it's been a whirlwind of a week. Kathryn, my adviser, has been more than cooperative with my demands to have extra hours (to make up for what I missed in India), and has been taking me along with her to her various meetings. This past Sunday, we had two meetings: one, with a professional survey writer, and two, with a group of talented writers and editors for the upcoming newsletter of the Central Phoenix (also known as the Inez Casiano) chapter of NOW AZ.

We met the survey writer in regards to the new NOW PAC surveys that Kathryn's creating. Kathryn wants to send a survey to every single candidate for citywide elections this year (side note: my hours of laboring to find information on local elections paid off!). Although we focused primarily on the issues that the NOW PAC survey had, Jenny- the professional survey writer- agreed to look over my survey as well. Hopefully she likes it and I can start distributing soon! (*fingers crossed*)

As for the newsletter, we have consolidated most of the information that was supposed to be coming out, so it should be releasing sometime this week. Go sign up for it! The link's below.

https://centralphoenixnow.wordpress.com/


See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment