Friday, March 17, 2017

In Which the Future Hit Me Too Quick (and I Got Rear-ended)

I start off most of my blog posts saying this, but what a week!

Monday and Tuesday were jam-packed! My adviser- whom you guys know by now as Kathryn- got accepted into Seed Spot's Women's Entrepreneurship Workshop. Since Kathryn wants to eventually establish her own business, this was extraordinarily important to her. A five day workshop, Seed Spot's WEW was also a great way for me to make up some hours; since it was related to feminism and women empowerment, Kathryn agreed to take me along with her as an intern and watch the shifts that women are making in the entrepreneurship business.

It was honestly amazing! I learned about design thinking, paper prototyping, how to conduct interviews with people without letting them know what your product is (in order to reduce bias), what weaknesses I should look out for in establishing a business, how to create a tangible solution, when I should outsource, and so much more. For someone who had never considered a career in business before, I was thoroughly interested and now, I think I might want to double major in neuroscience and entrepreneurship.

I think such a revelation was too much for my poor brain however, since I got a major headache on Wednesday. In order to recuperate, I took the day off.

But I think one day wasn't enough for my brain. While Kathryn was driving us to the workshop on Thursday (we carpooled, since it was all the way in Tempe), we got rear-ended on the SR 51. Luckily, Kathryn drives a Chevy Camaro, which has a lot of leg space in the front and because I'm so short, my head ended up not hitting anything but the seat behind me (yay for short people). However, due to the whiplash, my headache was exacerbated and Kathryn just sent me home for the week. Don't worry too much, because I think I'm going to do fine today!

I also released my survey this week, so if you want, please go take that! (The link's below).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Dvt7S2Y8tTbv_Z4fOmnP0M-CusDTLF68QVflLwbr00A/edit?usp=drive_web


Cheers, and see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment