Thursday, April 13, 2017

In Which I Started to Get my Act Together

Hello, hello!

This week's been pretty slow, but has had some amazing developments for me.

Over the past weekend, I attended 2 of the sessions for ASU's 7th Annual Human Rights Film Festival. During these sessions, we not only watched some note-worthy documentaries like Trapped and Do Not Resist, but we also got a chance to talk to some experts in the topics which the documentaries explored. For Trapped, a documentary discussing the difficulty of abortion in southern states, we had a question and answer session with the vice president of Public Affairs at Planned Parenthood, Jodi Liggett, and for Do Not Resist, a film exploring the militarization of the police, we were able to skype with the director of the film, Craig Atkinson.

Both speakers were highly eloquent in their responses and thoroughly excited to see all of the enthusiasm which poured through the audience. Although the crowd was not a big one, it was comforting to see the solidarity which I've been trying to seek. I'm hoping to incorporate the experiences of the festival into both my app and my internship.

Speaking of my app, I've (finally!) started to design it on a computer (it had been rough paper sketches up until this point). I'm currently using a program called Ionic Creator, which was recommended to me by a woman who I met at the Seed Spot Workshop a month ago. It's been a relatively easy program for me to use, since I am horribly new at coding. Additionally, the creators of the program have uploaded tutorials for beginners, making it even better for me! I've attached some screenshots of my progress so far. I'm hoping to finish at least half the app by this coming Monday.




Look at how easy it was to make a gradient for my side menu! Ah, this is so exciting.

As for my paper, I've written only a few pages, but I'm planning on scrapping out most of it, so we'll see how that goes.

Bye for NOW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment